Confidence for Actors with Charlotte Thornton
|Confidence For Actors|
When asked what they look for aside from talent, casting directors replied confidence. Confidence is crucial for audition success but it is also an invaluable skill that you can use in all areas of your life. So how do you get it?
In this workshop, former West End Actress turned coach, Charlotte Thornton will teach you how you can be more confident, feel more confident and overcome the doubts and nerves that might affect your audition performance.
At this talk you will learn:
- -How confidence relates to your success
- -What creates confidence and how to replicate it, no matter what the scenario
- -How the brain works and how to use this knowledge to bring about change
- -Simple tricks and tools to take back your personal power.
- -Turning mistakes into magic – what to do when things don’t go to plan
- -Handling criticism and judgement (internal and external)
- -Dealing with nerves and fear
- -The true confidence order
“Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” Jack Canfield
More on Charlotte
Charlotte Thornton trained at the Mountview Academy and performed as an actor for over fifteen years from fringe productions to the West End, including writing and performing her own stand-up. She has performed at the Vaudeville, Apollo and the National Theatre. Now a coach, Charlotte is a mentor for actors, speaker and the author of a guidebook for actors called, Talent isn’t Enough.