THE JOY OF SHAKESPEARE ONLINE COURSE with David Fleeshman
If you associate Shakespeare with the dull memory of school, get ready to think again. This online course delivers a fascinating, though provoking and enjoyable Shakespearean experience.
You will learn how Shakespeare’s influence reaches far into the modern day. Working with texts you will develop scenes from plays including Romeo & Juliet, Macbeth and Hamlet. Discover what gave Shakespeare such a claim to greatness and why his works deserve the reputation for brilliant storytelling, astonishingly rich language and profound observation of life.
In a friendly and supportive environment, you will:
• Understand Shakespeare’s verse
• Read texts
• Develop scene work
• Discover the role of body and voice in acting
• Learn about Shakespeare’s influence on the English language
• Discuss ways in which Shakespeare’s plays can be adapted to any social, political and contemporary environment
• explore various acting techniques
• Our virtual acting courses have been designed by a team of acting industry experts who will guide you through your acting journey step by step.
• rehearse a scene from a play
• enhance your skills in working supportively with others
• work with experienced tutors who will nurture your confidence and creativity
The course is for:
• Those who might love Shakespeare
• Those who might hate Shakespeare!
• Actors who have never tackled Shakespeare
• Anyone who has even a mild interest in Shakespeare and wants to develop further knowledge
• Anyone who has a fear of Shakespeare!
• everyone regardless of prior experience or training
• actors who want to refresh their skills
• All times listed are GMT, or GMT +1 depending on the time of year. If you are joining from overseas, please use a timezone convertor before booking to establish what the local time will be for you.
• All workshops take place online using Zoom. A Zoom link will be sent to you the day before the workshop date with further instructions.
• You will need to have access to a quiet room or space with no other people present.
• For the best online experience, we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer rather than a phone. We also suggest you test your audio, visual and internet connection through Zoom, before joining the course.
• We reserve the right to cancel this workshop within 7 days of it beginning if we do not meet the minimum number of sign-ups required.
• Times: Once a week for 4 weeks. The course consists of 4 sessions in total. See dates below.
• Age: Minimum age is 18. No upper age limit.
• International students: You are welcome to join this course from anywhere in the world provided you meet our minimum language requirements.
Language requirements: Applicants must be confident speaking and reading English to a conversational level (IELTS score of 7.0 or equivalent). Please note, you will be expected to read texts/scripts that may have advanced vocabulary in them on this course.
Attendance: Due to the structure of the courses, and the collaborative nature of acting, full attendance is requested.
Refunds: All courses are non-transferable and non-refundable.
8 hr course
Monday 9th Nov 7-9pm
Monday 16th Nov 7-9pm
Monday 23rd Nov 7-9pm
Monday 30th Nov 7-9pm